Once the objective is determined, all that is required is to create a strategy. The most critical components when creating a Facebook business plan are as listed below:
To get more Facebook likes, the process would begin with determining the goals for the business. To further elaborate, this process focuses on determining the purpose for being on Facebook which could include:
- Expanding the customer base
- Enhancing and improving the level of services offered
- Increasing the sale of products or services, depending on the nature of business
While the objective is one, goals can be numerous and the strategy would address goals including one or more of the following strategies:
- Design- The design adopted would need to be in synch with the goal. To illustrate the case in point, when enhancing or increasing traffic is the goal, the strategy adopted may well be highlighting salient features. Concurrently unique designing helps attract visitors to the site.
- Promotion- One of the limitations of Facebook is that it could attract a large visitor base which has no relevance to the product or service. It is here that the importance of promotion becomes apparent. The need is to promote so as to ensure that visitors or potential customers who would find the product or service relevant would visit the site. This evidently would increase conversion rate.
- Content- The traditional adage ‘content is king’ could not be more appropriate. In spite of the best of design and promotion strategies being adopted, if the content is missing, then you have fewer potential customers. Taking this perspective further, in instances where relevance of content or regularity of updating is absent, the number of return customer decreases. A grounded strategy in the prevailing circumstances is about ensuring that updating of content is done as a continuous ongoing process.
- Engagement Instead of Direction- Facebook is all about social interactions. The strength lies in people, numbers and communication. There cannot be any success index for those who talk ‘at’ customers. Conversely the need is to talk ‘to’ the customers. Concurrently, a two way interaction needs to be set up if the visitors have to be engaged for any period of time.
- Create Depth- Creating content and updating of content could create a showcasing. However, it is giving depth to the content that would ensure return visitors each day.
- Incentivize- Let there be an abundance of ‘freebies’ if it has to be a number game. Then the chance of returning visitors increases.
- Subtlety- A Facebook business page can never be considered exhaustive if it does not have a subtle approach. Selling of services should not seem the only objective. Rather, it should be a byproduct of the process.
- Transparency of Voice- A single clear tone of interaction invariably ensures that the visitor develops a sense of trust. Trust then ensures effective transition from the stage of a visitor to that of a customer.
- Monitor and Review
There can be no strategy if it is not rotated within the PDCA cycle:
P – Plan
D – Do
C – Check
A – Act
The check component is the review mechanism which would be best addressed using the modality of check analytics and metrics. This invariably gives an insight to how visitors perceive the strategy implementation. This would then form basis of mid course correction so that the objective is better achieved.
Do you have any questions about how to create a Facebook business plan? Send your questions or suggestions through comments section below.