A recent research has found out that many small business owners and entrepreneurs often think that they don’t have enough resources or time to invest in Facebook marketing. If you ask experts like Facebook Fan Marketing, it doesn’t take a lot of time or budget.
The focus here should be on keeping it simple. If you keep it simple, there are many ways in which you can use Facebook for business marketing. Here are some simple tips:
1. Manage your expectations: Always set realistic goals to approach any type of social media. Don’t expect a thousand likes in the first month. Thinking in a two digit number for the first month would be a realistic goal. This way, if you get more fans than you expected, you would be pleasantly surprised.
2. Set some time aside: If you find a social media marketing company to handle your campaign for you, great. If not, you have to make a Facebook presence for yourself. It doesn’t really have to be a full-time job. Just set aside an hour from your day and interact with others on Facebook during that time. See what your fans like. Comment on their posts. In short, interact with your fans as much as you can in one hour.
3. Learn: Based on your experience with Facebook pages or other business services. Take notes and learn. Or at least write down the things that you don’t understand. Try to look for their answers. You will find many answers in the official help center of Facebook.
4. Don’t spend a lot: Well you don’t have to spend anything at all if you don’t want to. But just in case you want to speed up things and promote your business in a better way, you can spend a little, but make sure you set a budget. Every business owner does have a craving to buy some SEO or social media services at some time or the other. You’ll have it too. Just make sure you don’t exceed your budgetary constraints.
5. Create an attractive page: Many people make the mistake of creating another profile page to describe their business. Keep in mind that a profile page is not the same as a fan page. This is against Facebook policies, and also it doesn’t attract users. Make sure you create a fan page and an attractive one at that. It is HIGHLY recommended that you buy targeted facebook fans to increase your social credibility in the beginning.
6. Post interesting updates: Keep posting regular updates relevant to your niche, but they should also be interesting. If you can add a witty remark to these updates, it would be a great idea. An even better option is to phrase the updates like questions.
7. Have direct conversations: If a fan posts something on your wall (or timeline), make sure you respond to it to keep the interaction levels up. If people don’t get responses, they would think they are talking to walls (literally), and soon leave.
8. Don’t send them spam: Curb your enthusiasm and don’t post updates after every couple of hours. Too many posts will fill up their news feeds and they would probably want to unsubscribe. If you have something to say to a certain fan, you can message them rather than putting it on your news feed.
9. Create promotional coupons: Offer discounts to people who join your fan page. This scheme never fails. When people will see that your fans are making savings on your products, they will want to join your fan page. Also, you can put things on sale so that your fans would want to keep coming back to your page.
What are your views about these tips about Facebook for business marketing? If you have some other tips, please share with us through comments.