Is Facebook just for keeping tabs on your girlfriend or to fill out quizzes? No, it is also a highly effective business tool, and an awesome one at that. It lets you market your products and start your own gigs while you connect with your friends. But how can businesses use Facebook? Setting up Facebook for business is really easy.
Here are some ‘to the point’ tips that will help you let your business enter the Facebook scenario.
Organize and arrange your profile
- Fill the profile completely. It builds trust.
- Make a business account in case you don’t have one.
- Make sure you read Facebook rules for business accounts so that you don’t face any troubles.
- Install the right apps to integrate your other social media profiles and blog feeds into the Facebook account. You should be careful about integrating the Twitter profile with Facebook because a flow of Tweets might be a bit overwhelming for your contact.
- You can change settings to make sure that all personal parts of your profile are indeed private.
- You can make friends like Family and Work so that you group together related contacts. This will help in protecting our privacy.
- Always post a professional photo (or a casual business photo) so that people can identify with your brand.
- Limit the access of business contacts to your personal photos.
- Post information regarding newsletter subscriptions in your profile
Connect and share
- You can get a Facebook vanity URL. Use it so that your URL has your company name instead of numbers.
- Make sure you attach your company’s Facebook URL to the email signature for any business or marketing purposes. This way prospects can easily learn about you.
- Your fan page will contain your business updates. But there is no harm in posting business updates in your personal profile as well.
- Share useful and entertaining resources that you find online. This will build credibility for your business.
- Make sure your presence on all social media platforms is consistent so that audience on one social platform can easily recognize you on the other.
- Before you contact prospects, research more on them.
- You can upload your contacts from the email client in order to get more connections.
- Facebook also offers you friends’ suggestions. You can accept those suggestions and send friendship requests. This way you will connect to more people.
- To add even more friends, look for mutual friends from your friends’ contact lists.
- Find experts in your industry and invite them to be guest bloggers on your blog, or to speak at an event in your company.
- Market your services of products by offering package or discount deals.
- You can even share research data or surveys to gain more credibility.
- You can use Facebook Connect to add more social networking features to your site.
- You can even buy Facebook likes to attract more people.
Use fan pages
To do all the things mentioned above, make sure you use a fan page. Facebook regulations say that regular pages are for individuals. For companies and businesses, you should make a fan page.
- Make sure you include all the required information on the fan page. This would include things like company URL, newsletter archives and newsletter subscription.
- Post updates about upcoming events like conferences, webinars and other events that relate to your company.
These were the best tips to help your business use Facebook. What tips do you have? Share your tips via comments.
Coming up next is a post that will answer the question you have been asking yourself: Does Facebook advertising work?